CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Great songs from Memphis



Now here's a transition from Detroit over to Memphis. Ordinarily you would immediately think Sun Records when you think about Memphis, but here are a couple good records from two other labels. First up is a good rockabilly/ rock 'n roll song by Jay B. Loyd on the Hi label. The song is "I'm So Lonely". Hi Records was owned by Sun recording artist Ray Harris. I never thought much of their releases, but this record is one exception. Great melody on this one!
The other record tonight is on the Meteor Records label by J.T. (Big Boy) Brown. The song is "Dumb Woman Blues". Meteor Records was a company that ran for a short 5 years, but the quality of the music that they released more than compensated for their short stay. Elmore James, Charlie Feathers, Junior Thompson, Jess Hooper.... and so many more... I wish I had more on this label, but I think I might only have 3 or 4. That's it!

0 comments: