CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Ronnie Self


Ronnie Self
Originally uploaded by loshuevos15
Here's a couple of good rockabilly records from Ronnie Self. The first one is "Pretty Bad Blues" that was released on ABC Paramount. ABC Paramount is a major label that released all kinds of good rockin' songs in the 50's. They even had some good blues and soul into the 60's. This record, even though it was released on major label, is still pretty rare to find. I think I traded one of my friends for this copy. The second song is "Bop-A-Lena" on Columbia Records. This was one of my first "holy crap I can't believe I found this in a thrift store" records. Later I found out that this song was pretty popular and sold pretty well, so it really didn't turn out to be the find that I thought it was. Oh well, you really can't beat that feeling even if it turns out to be unwarranted. Ronnie Self had a few more releases on Columbia which unfortunately all failed to chart. He saw his greatest success as a composer of Brenda Lee's "Sweet Nothings".


Ronnie Self 2

0 comments: