CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Smokey Joe - "Listen To Me" on Flip



This has been so much fun, but I'm only going to do a couple more tonight... This is Smokey Joe Baugh on Flip Records singing "Listen To Me". Flip Records was owned by Sam Phillips, the same person who owned Sun Records. He released handful of records on Flip and then rereleased a couple of them on Sun. I think there was some kind of name copyright issue with Flip Records out of Hollywood and that's why the record label folded. I found this record in an antique store in Alameda, California... It's probably one of my most memorable finds. It was kind of weird because this record was just sitting on a shelf without any other records around it. I was starting to have visions of finding some other good stuff in the store, but this was it. Not that I'm complaining because this is pretty cool.

0 comments: