CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Phantom - "Love Me" on Dot



This will be it for tonight... I really could do this for hours. Here's The Phantom on Dot Records singing the frantic "Love Me". I love how this song starts off with that crazy scream! And then the song gets wilder from there. I have no idea how this song found the light of day, especially on a record label owned by Pat Boone. I know it bombed and that's why this record is so tough to find. Just the fact that it made it to release is amazing, but since it's such a great song, I'm happy that it was. The flipside is another great song called "Whisper Your Love". It's a slower ballad, most likely originally considered the A-side. It has a great echo-y sound to it. Maybe I'll post that one too....

This record was another ebay purchase and my first leap into more expensive records. I'm pretty sure I did a little dance when this showed up in my mailbox. Someday I hope to find one in better condition, but I'm happy just to own this one.

0 comments: